Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Luminaria

Just another reason to love San Antonio! 

A perk of being a city girl is that I can soak in the views like this one from my balcony. 
A disadvantage of being a city girl is that I had to put in ear plugs to fall asleep Friday night. 
Luminaria kept going until 1 a.m. or so! Although I didn't sleep well, I can't complain because the pros outweigh the cons. I get free rent, I walk to work, I get to spend a lot of time with my dad, I have someone to cook for, I have a gym 12 flights below me, I have a pool and hot tub one flight above me, I have the best water pressure in my shower, I have an amazing closet, covered parking, the river walk is my backyard and the list goes on. 

I'm trying to work on my perspective these days and it's amazing how much better things have been. I'm learning that everything in life is a matter of perspective. Will I look at the job I didn't get as a blessing, or choose to see it as a failure? Will I take joy in the few good friends I have, or complain that I don't have enough? Will I accept who I am, or nitpick the things I don't like about myself? I hope to always choose the former and not the latter of all of the examples ^.  

“Life is 10 percent what you make it and 90 percent how you take it.”
― Irving Berlin


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy! Be sure to leave one!