Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Mom's 55th Birthday


In honor of my mother's birthday I would like to share her parts of her obituary. I want to share this because what's written in it describes my mom most perfectly, and beautifully illustrates the amazing person that she was. 
"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened." Dr. Seuss

I tried to be strong yesterday, and I was, but then I realized how much I wish I could be celebrating my mom on her birthday. I wish I could have told her on her special day that I think she is beautiful, and that I admire her selflessness, and that I'm sorry for ever being disrespectful and that I love her so much. I wish I could be showering her with gifts, and giving her anything and everything she wanted, because that's exactly what she always did for me. 

Shortly after I posted this ^ picture of me on Facebook/Instagram I was inundated with so many kind messages from friends and family. Hearing what others remember about my mom is so touching to me. I love knowing that they haven't forgotten about her and that they miss her too! 

I'm so very thankful for the wonderful and encouraging friends that I have. (And not to be forgotten: Allie and Gabriella for calling me!) Thank you for the kindness you showed me yesterday, and always. 


"The better part of one's life consists of his friendships."

"Elizabeth Arlene Alanis Garcia:"All beautiful you are my darling: there is no flaw in you." - Songs of Songs 4:7 Mom, you meant the world to us, we love you so much! Los dias, meses y anos que incondicionalmente nos diste son el mejor recuerdo que tenemos. Ahora te extranaremos para siempre. Elizabeth, known by many as 'Lisa', joined her loving father, mother, and grandmother in heaven on Wednesday, September 28, 2005 at the age of 47. Lisa will always be remembered as the complete woman that she was: An extremely loving and supportive wife to her husband Martin, a fiercely passionate and devoted mother to her three children Gabriella 17, Ilianna 15 and Martin Lorenzo 12. Lisa spent every waking moment thinking about what her children needed and she unselfishly gave them everything they desired and wanted to make sure their wishes came true."


"Lisa was born in San Antonio, Texas and was the daughter of the late Dr. Artemio Alanis who along with his wife Sylvia B. Alanis, raised a family of ten children. Lisa was a loyal daughter who always wanted to do the right thing and set the right example for her 9 siblings. One memory that always comes to mind is how her father would call her the 'Capitana' (The Captain) because she loved being the leader and taking charge of any situation...no matter how difficult. She spent her early school years at Mount Sacred Heart School For Girls and graduated from Incarnate Word High School. She later graduated from the Baptist Memorial Hospital School of Nursing and quickly started working as an ICU nurse at Bexar County Hospital. For the past 20 years, Lisa has helped her husband run their dental clinics in the San Antonio area. Her caring nature drove her to become involved in leading ACTS retreats and lend a spiritual hand to persons with AIDS. Lisa was always there giving of herself to others in so many generous ways."


"Lisa touched so many lives and will be truly missed forever! Los recuerdos que nos has dejado los guardaremos como un tesoro...we love you forever!"


 Happy Birthday Mom! I won't cry anymore; I'll be strong; I'll remember our time together.  

post signature

2 comments:

  1. Precious Ili, what a wonderful way to honor your mom! Yes, she was beautiful and regal but also so warm and friendly! I remember working with her on Mothers-day-out parties when you, aAllie and Taylor were at Colomial Hills. Then we re- connected when the three of you landed at SACS. I was blessed to know her! Hugs to you Sweet Girl! Love, Momma Fish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your sweet words! They make me happy! I'll see you soon!!! I can't wait for ALLIE TO BE HOME!

      Delete

Comments make me happy! Be sure to leave one!