Thursday, April 18, 2013

A first for everything

There is a first for everything... first haircut, first dental cleaning, first time to get your makeup done, etc. I've always wanted to do something to change up my hair do, but I've never had the guts to do it.

Well except for that one time two years ago when I pulled all m hair over my left shoulder and chopped it off myself. It was not one of my brightest moments. I was left with a uneven extremely short haircut that looked awful. Unfortunately all the hair salons were already closed, so my lovely boyfriend sat me down in front of his kitchen sink and evened it out for me. He is so amazing when it comes to attention to details; he not only fixed my hair, but also made it look good. So much so that I didn't end up going to the salon at all.

Anyways, since that semi-traumatic expreince I have been even more terrified of doing anything to my hair. Well I finally succumbed to my fears and bit the bulllet. I went for it! I highlighted my hair!

It took longer than I expected, cost more than I would have liked, but it turned out great. It looks subtle, but still noticeable. I love it!

However, I don't know if I will do it again. Believe it or not I am a pretty low maintenance chick. I think au naturale may be better for me from now on, but at least I can say I tried it.

So here are a few pictures from before and after. This post has WAY too many photos of me! Sorry about that!
Before.




Freaking out a little bit. 

Subtle, but different.  


You could hardly tell that I did anything on the picture above, so I had to add this picture.
I love this one golden blonde piece. 

This picture is awful! haha

Selfies never turn out that well!
post signature

2 comments:

Comments make me happy! Be sure to leave one!