Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Fiesta and a church visit

Fiesta has come and gone! I can't say I took part in any of the festivities, but I did manage to get some pretty colorful pictures during my lunch break last week.
















And on another completely different note, I want to write about my church experience this past Sunday. I visited Grace Avenue Church for the first time and really enjoyed it. From the moment I walked in I felt welcomed and loved by everyone. I was so impressed with the kindness that not only the church staff showed me, but also the members.

The sermon was on Faith, Hope and Love (1 Corinthians 13). I have read this chapter before, I've heard people preach on it, but for the first time I was taught a new take on this chapter and it's still resonating with me today. My takeaway from the sermon is that love makes a difference in every aspect of my life! Love is fundamentally tied to my attitude, my relationships, my faith and ultimately my love for Jesus.

"Why demand when you can defer? Why insist when you can inquire? Why cut what you can untie?"

I can't say enough how wonderful my experience was at Grace Avenue. They definitely are doing it right! This church treated me the way I believe Christ will treat me when I get to heaven. They showed me abounding love, genuine interest and most importantly my time there brought me closer to the Lord.


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy! Be sure to leave one!