Thursday, April 11, 2013

Mad for mornings

Mornings are my favorite time of day. It's when I am most alert, alive and optimistic (well most of the time). It's my time to think about what type of person I want to be that day- loving, joyful, peaceful, gentle, selfless and any other good qualities that I can envision for myself. It is my time to reflect on the failures and successes of yesterday, and purpose to not make the same mistakes twice. Mornings are like do-overs. It is a perfect opportunity to be better today than you were yesterday. The Bible says God's mercies are new every morning, and for that I am so thankful. One thing that I seem to forget is to show grace towards myself. What I desire is for each day to be a new day, were I don't hang onto the messups, failures and shortcomings from the day before, but instead move forward with guilt-free spirit.

Here are a few more reasons why I love mornings:

  • I get to enjoy my one (or two) cups of coffee.
  • I'm not cranky.
  • I get more accomplished. 
  • Driving during the day is WAY WAY better in the a.m. than the p.m.
  • New news stories to read.
  • Emails waiting for me in my inbox.
  • New Instagram pictures to look at. 
  • And the list could go on and on, but I'll stop here. 
And no blog post is ever that good without some photos, so here are a few from my morning walk to work this week. 










post signature

4 comments:

  1. I prefer nights because everyone is either asleep or quiet in some manner and everything is just calm. If you ever stay up past 12 at night, just walk outside, it's just so still and you can't hear anything, no on disturbs you and no one can see you. I find it peaceful and quite relaxing. My mornings usually end up with me regretting setting an alarm clock in the first place, squatting next to my bed, in a sort of trance or daze, then forcing my self to stand up or else I will fall asleep again

    Alec Alanis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Alec!

    If I ever make it to stay up until past midnight I will walk outside and check out the peace and quiet. I have to be at work at 7:45 a.m., so it highly unlikely I'll ever be up that late. Maybe on some crazy weekend or something!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know it is an unusual time, but it is well worth is. Did you ever have one of those sports where you went to think and is was quiet and it was only you to think? Imagine that, but the entire night and world is yours to get away

    Alec Alanis

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy! Be sure to leave one!