Tuesday, April 8, 2014

UPDATE: I am married now!

It has been way to long since I last posted so this post may be long and a bit random. I seem to constantly find myself wanting to stop blogging for so many reasons, like lame content, sucky photos, infrequent posts, etc. but then I remember the main reason why I ever even started my blog.. it was to have a way to look back on my life and read and see about all the events, parties, dinners, get-togethers that I may have otherwise forgotten about.


So here it goes from the top:

Here is one of the last family photos we took before I got married! My grandmother threw a "despedida dinner", also known as a farewell dinner for Andy and I. We got to spend quality time with my family before the wedding day which turned out to be so valuable because I did not get to spend hardly anytime with them on the day of the wedding.


^This is my maid of honor who went above and beyond during my five month engagement. She did a lot of driving from Austin to San Antonio to make it to the special showers, parties, etc. THANK YOU!


 Below are the two photos I took on my phone on the day of the wedding!

 ^ I was too cold walking around in my dress, so to keep my arms warm I wore my "Mrs. Rafie" robe!

^This photo was taken by my 6 year old cousin Diego. He came to our table to say hi and then decided to snap an iphone photo of us. I am glad he did!


My Aunt Googie took some photos on her professional camera during the ceremony and below are the two she sent me. I absolutely love them! I can't wait to see the rest.


After the wedding Andy I stayed at the Elian Hotel and it was so nice! I wish we could have stayed more than one night.  The hotel manager blessed us with a free breakfast. It was the best meal that I had consumed that week. (side note....plan a move to different state, a rehearsal dinner and a wedding and you will for sure not have anytime to sit down and eat) so with that said, I was starving Sunday morning after the wedding so that made everything taste even better!!

 Above ^ elian hotel lobby ---


 ^Sunday morning breakfast at the hotel.



Later that day and I picked up our suitcases at this parents house and then were driven to the airport and flew out to Kansas City at 6 p.m. It was hard to say bye and I had to hold back tears as we left the airport, but change is good and this is Andy's and I little adventure that we will always remember and look back on and smile.


Here we are waiting in the security check line at the San Antonio airport.

Here I am at the Kansas City airport waiting for Andy to get the car. 6 suitcases total!!

This is about 12:30 in the morning and I couldn't help myself when I saw the gifts! I just had to open some of them!


And the photo above is the first photo taken of me in my new home as a married woman. As you can see I didn't wait a second to start opening gifts! It felt like Christmas coming home to all these boxes. Because of everybody's generosity Andy and I have some many nice things now! Thank you!

PART 2 to be continued later this week!
















1 comment:

  1. IIianna i'm so happy for you that you have so many beautiful moments with your friends and family to remember,beautiful pictures,the one that Diego took i love it!!!Many blessings to you and Andy!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy! Be sure to leave one!