Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Fractured Face


One minute I'm cruising through the trails at Salado Creek and the next minute I'm on the ground with blood gushing all over my face. I don't remember too much of what happened. My memory must of blocked out the traumatic crash. I can only remember what happened afterwards - me screaming and holding the left side of my face and Andy trying to get me to calm down. To make a long story short, I ended up at the ER the next day. They did CT scan of my face and found out I fractured my zygoma bone (not the cheekbone but the one below it). After that I came home and was in low spirits until Andy came to visit with a bunch of snacks! He brought all my favorite ice creams, yogurt, milk and calcium vitamins. We sat in my bed for several hours just goofing around and watching shows. He definitely knows how to make me feel better!

The next day I went to an oral surgeon and got a 3D X-ray of my mouth, he told me I was lucky and that I didn't fracture any teeth! I took off two days from work, so my swollen face wouldn't scare anybody.

All in all God took care of me and protected my teeth and my eyes. It could have been way worse and I'm so blessed to only have gotten a few cuts and no permanent facial damage. From now on I may lay off the mountain bike, but if I decide its time to get back on it I'll for sure use a full-face helmet.


Cruising and having a blast!
Not so much anymore. 
Feeling miserable at this point. 
Waiting to get the results.
Icing my face while I continue to wait. 
Back at home, feeling a bit better since I have ice cream!
First and last fracture.... I hope! 

post signature



2 comments:

  1. Hi Illy,

    Allie told me about your accident and I was so sorry to hear about it. Have been praying for a complete, beautiful recovery and no surgery!

    Lots of love,
    Momma Fish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!

    Thank you for your prayers. I am so thankful! Also thank you for posting a comment! When I was emailed that I had a comment I was very excited, and even more so when I realized it was from you!

    P.S. I may have a few grammatical erros on the blog... so if you keep reading I apologize in advance. I am trying my hardest to get the commas, colons, dashes, etc. all right!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy! Be sure to leave one!