Thursday, March 7, 2013

Just a regular Wednesday night....

Last night my dad enjoyed a relaxing and fun evening together. I made this: 


Broccoli and Sausage Fusilli

It was a variation of this recipe...

What i changed from the original recipe that I got off Mix and Match Mama's blog was the type of pasta I used. I replaced the sausage ravioli with whole wheat fusilli for a healthier alternative. I also eliminated the panko crumble on top and added crushed red pepper for some heat and a few other ingredients to spruce it up! It turned out to be super delicious. 


Here's what you do:

Shopping List


1 box of whole wheat fusilli
1 bag of frozen broccoli
1/2 white onion (finely chopped)
1 link of italian sausage
1 (16 ounce ) jar Alfredo sauce
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
1/2 table spoon of crushed red pepper

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Cook pasta and in another pan brown sausage and onion. Then add brocoli, that has already been defrosted, to the pan and reduce heat to low. Once the pasta is cooked add it to the pan with the entire jar of Alfredo sauce. Then remove from stovetop pour into a pyrex and cover the top with the Parmesan cheese. Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes. Remove from oven, remove the foil and let it broil for 5 minutes to make the cheese crispy and slightly brown

We watched this movie while we ate: 
Good movie, but too much cussing and yelling. 
And for dessert we had: 

A+ but I sure wish it would've had chocolate in it!

It was my first time to try this flavor. I didn't love it as much as I love the Half Baked flavor, but it was still amazing. I truly think all of Ben & Jerry's flavors are terrific and I probably couldn't buy one I didn't like! I'd be extremely surprised if that ever happened. 

Nights like these are fun and are memories I will look back on for forever. I know one day I won't be living with my dad, so I am trying to cherish our time together as much as I can! 

post signature





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy! Be sure to leave one!