Monday, July 1, 2013

Simple Sunday

Sometimes you have to step out of the typical Sunday routine of church, lunch with friends, errands, laundry, etc. and just do something out of the blue! So, that's just what we did yesterday.


Sunday was a perfect day. It began with some beautiful rain and thunderstorms that lasted until about 10 a.m. By the time the weather had cleared up I was on the road with Andy and Kennedy and we were heading to Bandera, TX. After a quick pitstop at Starbucks we drove to "the yard" and Andy showed me where he works. Kennedy loved seeing where Andy worked more than I did. She enjoyed every minute of it-- she was running and jumping and checking every inch of the yard out. Later we went to a lovely little spot for lunch called the Old Spanish Trail. We finished our afternoon outing by taking Kennedy to the nearest lake/park. It was nice being in Bandera for the afternoon. It made it feel like we were on vacation. 
Kennedy was waving hello to all the drivers behind us ;)

Andy taking a "business call" .... Just kidding he was chatting with his brother. 





So happy together!!



Incapable of just smiling normally!!
Kennedy is wondering how I got up on the ledge. 


Trying to carefully get down from the ledge without falling in!!






Two peas in a pod!


This tree was beautiful!
Yesterday was just one of those days that felt right. As I got in bed last night I couldn't help but smile. The combination of the rain and cooler weather, Kennedy and Andy's company and the simplicity of the afternoon made me remember that it's never about what you do, it is about who you are with. I'm so grateful and feeling extra blessed today!


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allie! I just posted from my phone. I wonder why it wasn't working for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like it was so much fun!!!!!! and Kennedy cracks me up as usual :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy! Be sure to leave one!