Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Best Friends Reunite

Look who came back to Texas to visit!!!! Mr. and Mrs. Russell! I haven't seen them since their wedding day, which was in early August. I can't even believe it has almost been an entire year. This is officially the longest amount of time Allie and I have been apart since I transferred to Baylor in 2010. I never really knew Allie in high school. I thought I did, but it wasn't until I moved in with her at the start of our junior year in college, that I really got to know her.


Living with her taught me so many things- some silly, some serious. Allie taught me to loosen up and to laugh. She taught me to save receipts, and be a bit more frugal. She showed me how to put on mascara so that your eyelash touch all the way up to your eyebrows. She taught me how to properly wash dishes and how not to overload the dishwasher. But the most important lesson that Allie taught me, by just being her lovely self, is to be kind and loving to everyone... no matter what. Her kind, energetic and always positive attitude continues to remind me time and time again that how you act around people really matters and makes a difference. Throughout years I've known Allie she has constantly showed me love, and especially when I needed it most. She has a knack for making serious things feel not so serious, and for turning bad moods into good ones. She knows when to lighten the mood, but also when to sit and hug you and empathize with you!

Our time together was too short, but nevertheless we had a blast catching up. Here are just a few photos from our dinner together.















The most beautiful bride!

Mrs. Fisher please email me this recipe! The cake was to die for!






I will add a few more photos on another post from when we went to the Farmer's Market on Saturday morning. (Allie email the pics you took)
post signature

1 comment:

  1. Illy, it was such a blast seeing you and Andy last week! You are a treasure not only to allie, but to our entire family! We so loved our time with you! You are so lovely, poised and a great conversationalist! It was a great visit with you at dinner at our house. Bonus! Getting to see you and wonderful Andy at the Farmer's Market! You guys are a wonderful couple. So proud of both of you! Can't believe it's been 3 years already!

    Much love,
    Momma Fish
    P.S. I will send recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy! Be sure to leave one!