Friday, December 12, 2014

Time flies - An update on life in KCMO!

Since I have moved to Kansas City time seems to fly by even faster than usual. I can't believe January 8th marks our ten month anniversary and ten months in KCMO. I have grown to love Kansas City! A few of my favorite things about living in this new city would have to be:


  1. The amazing weather! Actually having a few fall months was a new and fun thing for Andy and I. We enjoyed burning wood and sitting by the fire! 






2.) Our lovely home that the Lord has provided! We have truly loved having a space that we can call our own. After so many years of doing projects on our family members' home it is nice to finally get to work on our own. We have enjoyed remodeling the bathroom, living room floors and painting the entire house. We hope we can continue to do more renovations down the road. 





3.) Exploring new bike routes! During the summer, Andy and I had more time to bike and we really had a blast exploring new bike routes. We even went on a group ride once! We are looking forward to biking again come the spring.







4.) Making new friends! It has been such a blessing to have made new friends rather quickly. I have enjoyed meeting Andy's school friends and getting to know them. I have also made some new friends at work. It's nice not to feel so alone in a new city.






5.) My fantastic new job! I really love my new job. I have been so much busier than I was at my other job and working hard has been so fulfilling. I am learning more and more about retail, flowers and marketing. The way I got this job is such a God thing. He paved the way and I am thankful!









There are so many more things that I love that I quickly want to mention.... less traffic, working directly across the street from Starbucks, my office, our huge backyard, the farmer's market, gardening and leaves....lot's of them!


I am going to try and do a better job of blogging the next year. Stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy! Be sure to leave one!